October 26-27 2020 Boston, MA
DAY 1 / Monday October 26th
Smart Pharma: Key Trends that are Transforming Drug Discovery and Development
This opening session will set the stage for the discussions that will take place over the course of the Summit and identify the key trends that are taking hold in biopharma and reshaping drug discovery and clinical development. Themes will include:
- Reduced timelines and improved accuracy of prediction of safety and efficacy
- Diversified drug pipelines with new targets and drug re-purposing
- Challenges: data sharing, access to reliable, robust data, and establishing new standardization
- The dynamics of the continually evolving partnership ecosystem – biopharma, technology platforms, CROs, investors, regulatory and patients.
- How do you translate AI/ML technology into patient impact
- Better treatments
- Higher quality outcomes
- Less adverse effect
- Streamlining processes enterprise-wide
Digital twins are AI-generated placebo patient data perfectly matched to actual trial patients. With a universal goal of being able to run better and faster clinical trials, this session will use an Alzheimer’s use case to demonstrate how digital twins can ultimately result in increased confidence in trial results.
The need for a modernized drug development model in a pandemic leveraging RWE and advanced analytics
Use Case: The need for a modernized drug development model in a pandemic leveraging RWE and advanced analytics
- The myth of the value of randomized controlled trials in a pandemic
- How the traditional drug development model leaves patients behind
- Modernizing drug development with an integrated RWE research platform and advanced analytics
- Barriers to overcome with government and regulators
Use Case: Using AI to Deconvolute and Take Away the Complexity of Biology: Developing the Next Generation of Precision Oncology Therapeutics to Strike and Beat Cancer
Transformative treatment advances in oncology require a greater understanding of cancer as a complex disease and matching treatment to patient tumor biology. This use case will cover an example of a platform that leverages systems biology and pharmacology-based AI to develop a new wave of therapeutics and inform the rational design of combination trials matched to the right patient population.
Deep Dive sessions provide the “big value in small group discussions” that is necessary in times of industry transformation. Each session will be led by an industry expert who will kick off the conversation with a brief case study example. This will be followed by a group brainstorming discussion of ideas and options around how best to achieve specific outcomes and overcome constraints focused on specific use cases.
Leader Perspectives: Achieving Consistency in Validating & Operationalizing the AI / ML Automation Efforts Transforming Biopharma
This session will feature a panel of leaders discussing emerging forces that are shaping the global future of biopharma, and how intelligent automation and AI is transforming how we work. The session will include discussions on the current technology landscape in biopharma, particularly in pharmacovigilance; intelligent automation opportunities in PV; and propose consideration for validating intelligent automation technologies in PV to promote inspection readiness and inform third-party development.
Each speaker presents a concise and fast-paced 5-minute presentation that will introduce you to an innovative way of solving a problem, a new technology or tool, or a transformative approach to solving common issues facing biopharma companies today. Immediately following the spotlight presentations, attendees can meet with these innovative companies in a relaxed atmosphere during the evening reception.